[Samba] Managing samba ad dc with systemd

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Apr 26 16:25:50 UTC 2019

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 13:02:07 -0300
Igor Sousa <igorvolt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> Thank you for your explanation. Do you think that I should recompile
> source with ./configure only?

No, I was just pointing out that you didn't need the rest, you only
need --enable-debug if you are having major problems, --enable-selftest
if you intend running Samba's extensive set of tests and if you have
the systemd development libraries installed, then Samba will use them,
even if you don't supply --with-systemd

> I don't have /usr/sbin/samba file.

Good, so you cannot be trying to run the wrong 'samba'

>The $PATH and
> /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf content follow below.
>
> [root at king ~]# echo $PATH
> /usr/local/samba/bin/:/usr/local/samba/sbin/:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin

Correct, any Samba binaries will be run from /usr/local/samba before
any possible distro versions.

> [root at king ~]# cat /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
> # Global parameters
> [global]
> netbios name = KING
> realm = SMB.MYDOMAIN
> server role = active directory domain controller
> server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
> winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
> workgroup = SMB
> idmap_ldb:use rfc2307  = yes
>
> [sysvol]
> path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
> read only = No
>
> [netlogon]
> path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/smb.mydomain/scripts
> read only = No

Nothing wrong there, this is looking more and more like a systemd
problem, but I am the wrong person to help here, I do not use
systemd ;-)

Rowland