[Samba] User mapping/login issue

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Apr 25 09:26:25 UTC 2019

Hai,

Yes, but then negotitate is going on, which user is send back from samba to windows? ( withing the smb protocol ?)
And keep in mind user "guest" also disabled in windows side...
I dont know the depth of this..

As shown in the MS link, ( the one close above here), does say..
SMB1 continues to use guest access and guest fallback.

But that implicates that you need SMB2 for this and..

if you want to enable insecure guest access, you can configure the following Group Policy settings:
Computer configuration\administrative templates\network\Lanman Workstation
"Enable insecure guest logons"

Its one he could try also.
But with you settings, if it does work, i still have a mixed feeling here..