[Samba] User mapping/login issue

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Apr 25 08:24:36 UTC 2019

Ps. Smb1 in Win10 ! I mean ofcourse..

Step 1: Go to Start button and type Control Panel. You will get Control Panel; Desktop app. Click on it.
Step 2: You will get a window with a list of software on it, go to the left side of the panel and click Turn Windows Features On or Off.
Step 3:  You need to remove the checkmark beside SMB 1.0/CFs File Sharing Support to disable SMB1 for good. If you want to enable it, put a checkmark beside the same.

And after seeing this,
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-smb2/fac3655a-7eb5-4337-b0ab-244bbcd014e8
@Rowland, can you do a read in this one.

Your english is better then mine, but i do think this is related.
Could bug#13698 (marked fixed today) also have influence here.

And might be related:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4046019/guest-access-in-smb2-disabled-by-default-in-windows-10-and-windows-ser
Cant think of much more.

Greetz,