[Samba] compile samba 4.10.2 centos 7.6

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Mon Apr 22 23:30:52 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-04-22 at 08:12 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 01:27:47 -0400
> Nico Kadel-Garcia via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > Sergio's used python36 from iusrelease.

I use Python2 , I don't have planes soon to change my configuration to
Python3, anyway If I switch to Python 3 I will use EPEL version .

> > I used the one from EPEL. Our
> > builds are very similar, except that I compile all the added
> > libraries
> > such as libtdb, libtevent, etc. as distinct RPM's as they are
> > published by RHEL,

Good , I'm glad that you do it,  I also will try check your rpms .

> > just with Pythone 3.6 as well as with Python 2.7
> > and with resent enough versions for Samba 4.10.2. I'm uspicious
> > about
> > your build and whether it effectively provides full domain
> > controller
> > features, which I believe require gnutls 3.4.17.
>
> You can stop believing ;-)
>
> You only need gnutls 3.4.17 if you are using MIT and you shouldn't be
> using MIT, it is experimental.

Yes,
Nico, the default RHEL samba packages are compiled with MIT kerberos,
but for Samba AD we "need" heimdal kdc [1] and when we don't build with
MIT kerberos, we don't need gnutls 3.4.17.
Although I keep gnutls 3.4.17 because should work better and with a
better performance.

[1]
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Running_a_Samba_AD_DC_with_MIT_Kerberos_KDC
https://www.google.com/search?q=heimdal+kdc+vs+mit+kerberos