[Samba] compile samba 4.10.2 centos 7.6

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Sun Apr 14 19:48:05 UTC 2019

Hi Sergio & List,

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019, Sérgio Basto via samba wrote:

> On Sat, 2019-04-13 at 07:43 -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia via samba wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 7:20 AM Andreas Habel via samba
>> <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I managed to compile 4.10.0 under CentOS 7.6. I did the following:
>>
>> I'll put muney down that you did not get it working as a full domain
>> controller. The"--with-dc" option activates a gnutls >= 3.4.7
>> requirement.
>
> At least for samba 4.8.x, you only need gnutls >= 3.4.7 if you use MIT
> kbr, old kbr don't need it .

Seems the same holds true for samba-4.9.x (and maybe for 4.10.x as well).
It compiled on RHEL7.6 with gnutls-3.3.29 with a SPEC file
partially based on TranquilIT's & Fedora + a few changes (mostly around
python2 vs python3 stuff)

[root at dc02 ~]# rpm -q gnutls
gnutls-3.3.29-9.el7_6.x86_64
gnutls-3.3.29-9.el7_6.i686

[root at dc02 ~]# python -V
Python 2.7.5

# 4.9.6:
[root at dc02 ~]# /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/samba-4.9.6/bin/smbd -b|grep -i dc
    AD_DC_BUILD_IS_ENABLED
    STDC_HEADERS

# 4.10.2:
[root at dc02 ~]# /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/samba-4.10.2/bin/smbd -b|grep -i dc
    AD_DC_BUILD_IS_ENABLED
    STDC_HEADERS

Also, please note my DCs are running SELinux in permissive mode, not in
disabled mode and I have not had an issue with that.

We could get together and discuss this as we seems to all have different
answers regarding the supportability of samba 4.10 on rhel7 clones. I am
not experiencing the issues you are observing (and neither is TranquilIT,
who seems to be supporting very similar builds on rhel7). I would doubt
that the differences between rhel7 and centos7 are sufficient to cause
this behaviour but I am willing to investigate (a little).

Kind regards,

Vincent