[Samba] compile samba 4.10.2 centos 7.6

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Sun Apr 21 18:51:55 UTC 2019

Hi Nico,

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

So now we've got several builds of samba-4.10.x for centos7/rhel7:
- Your 4.10.2 build (requires python36 from EPEL but is more future-proof)
- Sergio's (don't know the details on those).
- My modest builds (based on python2.7 and which don't require addons).

As much as I agree that doing anything python2 these days in pretty much a
dead end, would there be any interest in joining forces?

If you'd like I could try merging the python2 bits of my SPEC files with
yours. This way we'd have a common SPEC file. Of course, with samba 4.11
we'd have to remove the python2 bits since those are going away in Samba.

On the subject of Python2 and RHEL7, I generally agree that it's a bad
idea to -replace- the default python in RHEL7/centos7. If people want
Python3 on RHEL/centos, it's usually better to install it alongside with
python 2.7.5, wait for RHEL8/centos8 or use Fedora.

My 2c,

Regards,

Vincent