[Samba] resolv.conf

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Mon Apr 15 09:24:53 UTC 2019

Hello you all,
this is a bit OT but I think I'll find some people here that can help.
We have 4 DCs all on the same site. This is working fine. 3 Are VMs one
is a physical server. They are the only DNS servers in that network. On
a member server running our icinga2 installation I have this in the
resolv.conf:

options rotate timeout:2 retries:1
search example.com
nameserver x.x.x.x (ip dc1)
nameserver x.x.x.x (ip dc2)
nameserver x.x.x.x (ip dc4)

Now when we update and reboot the dcs this works OK for most host but
this one brings up errors that it cannot contact some host. Usually this
happens on dc4 which is the physical server. That is why I included the
rotate and timeout options. But this does not seem to help.
What are you guys using to mitigate such problems?

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Research Scientist

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.de, homepage www.brain-biotech.de
fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Dr. Juergen Eck (Vorsitzender), Manfred Bender,
Ludger Roedder
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen