[Samba] Windows / / Windows 10 randomly lost connection to Samba share

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Apr 9 07:14:55 UTC 2019

Ok Basti,

There are multiple know situations where windows randomly loses connections.

I suggest start with this one.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809

Related to : C0000006
Are you using app and running them from the network shares? Because for that ive see also disconnect problems.
Then post the event id and the tekst of the event log ( yes even if its in german)

Option to disable the autodisconnect :  net config server /autodisconnect:-1

And other possible solution if seen, ( windows 10, build 1709 and up )
Wrong permissions on the root of the share, shown for authenticated users ( windows defaults are shown )

authenticated users - Create Folder/Append Data (Apply onto: This Folder Only)
authenticated users - List Folder/Read Data (Apply onto: This Folder Only)
authenticated users - Read Attributes (Apply onto: This Folder Only)
authenticated users - Traverse Folder/Execute File (Apply onto: This Folder Only)

Some people reported that the line below was missing.
authenticated users - read, read & execute, show folder content.

Or. Are you useing NPS, same here, kb2956344

Or, are you using wireless or cabled? And did you disable power management on the network drivers.

You have a lots of things to check.

You say, all computers have this, all the same models, or different computers.
If all the same, upgradeing the network card drivers and disble its powermanagement.

Sofar,

Greetz,

Louis