[Samba] selftest, help with a single test

Manfred mx2927 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 19:28:19 UTC 2019

On 4/8/2019 12:49 AM, Manfred wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, you're right, the problems are due to the selftest environment
>> failing to start up. In this case, you could just reproduce the same
>> problem with:
>> SELFTEST_TESTENV=s4member:local make testenv
>
> This actually reveals something:
> [user at s4member samba]$ ping _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.example.com
> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libnss_wrapper.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
> preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libresolv_wrapper.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
> preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
> PING _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.example.com (54.72.52.58) 56(84)
> bytes of data.
>
> It looks like a problem with LD_PRELOAD. The libraries are present, I
> don't know if this may be caused by them being in /usr/lib64 instead of
> /usr/lib or what else

This is in fact what was making this test fail: after fixing the path in
config_cache.py, it run like a charm.
Thanks for the hint!

BTW the loader doesn't like LD_PRELOAD without a full path for
executables with -z nodeflib or run in secure-execution mode. I don't
know if any of these apply to the test.