[Samba] selftest, help with a single test

Manfred mx2927 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 22:49:29 UTC 2019

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

On 4/8/19 12:16 AM, Tim Beale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, you're right, the problems are due to the selftest environment
> failing to start up. In this case, you could just reproduce the same
> problem with:
> SELFTEST_TESTENV=s4member:local make testenv

This actually reveals something:
[user at s4member samba]$ ping _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.example.com
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libnss_wrapper.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libresolv_wrapper.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
PING _kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.example.com (54.72.52.58) 56(84)
bytes of data.

It looks like a problem with LD_PRELOAD. The libraries are present, I
don't know if this may be caused by them being in /usr/lib64 instead of
/usr/lib or what else

> There may be some package dependencies you're missing in order to get
> selftest to run correctly. In a earlier message it looked like you were
> missing the python DNS package (python-dnspython on ubuntu). It looks
> like you were still getting dns update errors on this latest test.

I had found that, and fixed, thanks (it's python3-dns here, in addition
to python2-dns which was already in)
(Another one missing was python3-markdown)

> The other thing you could try is using ./configure.developer (instead of
> ./configure --enable-selftest), and rebuilding. This is how most
> developers run selftest - I'm not  sure how well tested the
> --enable-selftest dependencies are on their own.
Done that too - still this error resists.