[Samba] SAMBA 48 - Dependencies Python27 vs python36

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Thu Apr 4 08:55:23 UTC 2019

On 4/4/19 9:41 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Timur did submit a lot of patches upstream, so there should be less
> needed. The Samba Team strongly encourages those packaging Samba not
> to maintain local patches, and if they must do so only after the
> patches have been submitted and accepted upstream for master.
>
> This helps reduce the divergence and maintenance overhead in the long-
> term.

Of course I agree with you and I'm sure Timur did his best to achieve this.

Currently there are 49 patch files in the 4.8 port.
I really hope most of them is not needed anymore, but that's something
someone who wants to compile 4.10 should check, because they might not
only address compile-time errors, but also silent problems which will
haunt you badly once you run Samba in a production environment.

  bye
	av.