[Samba] Building samba for Ubuntu 18.04

Jonathan Kreider jonathan.kreider at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 11:59:50 UTC 2019

Rowland & Louis,

Would either or both of you be kind enough to send me a copy of your
configure script? That's the part that has so many options that I'm a bit
overwhelmed. Also, the Ubuntu way of doing it is different than the default
samba way.

The other possibility is that I can run smbd -b on my Ubuntu installation
and copy those options to my configure script.

What I would really value is a discussion of the trade offs between the
samba default vs the Ubuntu configure script.

My inclination is to match the Ubuntu configuration, just so everything is
where one expects it to be on Ubuntu. But I'm open to arguments for a
different approach.