[Samba] Migration samba 3 to 4

Mario Codeniera mario.codeniera at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 05:59:19 UTC 2018

Yes, agree you can change the rootdn and done many times, but you need to
change also the SIDs unless you change beforehand.
But on my case I use smbldap-tools using smbldap-populate to recreate the
tdb(s) files and copy, before using the classicupgrade.

but if got error on RID related... do -->  net maxrid and add on the
smb.conf, example 109474.

>      algorithmic rid base = 109474

Besure to check also the ldap.conf, as need the ldap client working and
besure to stop smb, nmb and winbind before classicupgrade.

Hope it helps on your test.
Mario