[Samba] Migration samba 3 to 4

Philippe Maladjian pmaladjian at hilaire.fr
Thu Sep 6 09:53:48 UTC 2018

Le 06/09/2018 à 11:44, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 11:08:21 +0200
> Philippe Maladjian via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>> Before the classicupdate on my ldap I can change the rootdn to match
>> my.domain and not domain.fr?
> I suppose you could try it, dump the entire ldap to an ldif, manually
> change all 'dc=domain,dc=fr' to 'dc=my,dc=domain'. You would then have
> to move the old ldap out of the way and add your new ldif to ldap.
> Change your smb.conf to match. This could sort your ldap problem
> (don't know, never tried it), not sure what you may have to do to
> Samba, or how you would do it, again because I have never tried to do
> this.
>
> Rowland

I test this solution:

slapcat> export.ldif
edit export.ldif to change the rootdn and all references to the old rootdn
cp -a /var/lib/ldap/DB_CONFIG /root
rm -rf /var/lib/ldap/ *
slapadd [...] -u -l export.ldif
vim /etc/openldap/slapd.conf to change the old rootdn
start ldap

For now I'm blocking slapadd. I continue my tests and I will give the
result.

Philippe.