[Samba] remote site options

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Sep 9 20:28:55 UTC 2018

Am 09.09.18 um 21:52 schrieb Sonic:
> On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 1:27 PM Reindl Harald via samba
> <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>> Am 09.09.18 um 17:16 schrieb Sonic via samba:
>>> Currently using Samba 4 as AD at the main site and would like the main site
>>> AD to authenticate users at a remote site (about 3 systems). As I use my
>>> domain management system from a remote location via VPN I know this works,
>>> but the VPN may not be the lowest cost in terms of overhead.
>>
>> why?
>
> Encryption overhead

irrelevant, completly irrelevant

i drive a forest of 365/24 openvpn instances termination on the same
virtual machine where each endpoint connects a complete network which
runs most of the day below 100 MHz

sorry, but encryption don't matter these days except you have stoneold
hardware wich no AES support and even then i doubt that you could mease
something relevant