[Samba] classicupgrade

Corrado Ravinetto corrado.ravinetto at lanificiocerruti.com
Fri Oct 26 14:23:32 UTC 2018

Il 26/10/2018 15:59, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> Did you test the upgrade process in a separate network ?
yes i have installed 2 new vm with centos 7 from dvd
> Did you carry out the upgrade on the original PDC or on a new computer ?
i used 2 new computer with a fresh install and without samba
> You say you compiled Samba yourself, was an earlier OS version of Samba
> installed and if so, did you alter $PATH so your your new Samba was
> found first ?
no samba installed before
> Did you check for duplicate SID's ?
yes
> Did you check if any of your users had a RID less than '1000' ?
mmmmm
> Did you check for usernames that were also being used as group names.
yes, i renamed all group with g_ because all old users had one group
with same name

> If this was a new computer, did you transfer all the old databases from
> the old PDC to the new computer ?
yes i followed classciupgrade from wiki.samba.org
> Did you run the upgrade as 'root' ?
yes
> Was the output from the upgrade similar to the example on the wiki
> page, without errors ?
yes

if you want, i can destroy my domain and set up new one from scratch

--

*Corrado Ravinetto *
Sistemi informativi
corrado.ravinetto at lanificiocerruti.com
<mailto:corrado.ravinetto at lanificiocerruti.com>
T: +39 015 3591283
Lanificio F.lli CERRUTI
*Lanificio F.lli Cerruti S.p.A. *
Via Cernaia 40, 13900 - Biella (BI) Italy
www.lanificiocerruti.com <http://www.lanificiocerruti.com/>

Twitter <https://twitter.com/Lan_Cerruti> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/LanificioCerruti> Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/lanificiocerruti/>

Rispetta l'ambiente, non stampare questa mail se non necessario
Respect the environment, don't print unless necessary