[Samba] Samba 4.3.11 join an exiting windows AD failed with timeout

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 17 07:11:05 UTC 2018

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 21:27:15 +0000
Ming Li via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Thanks. It is an internal network. We opened up firewall. And windows
> DC is working well.
>
> We have two windows DCs now one PDC, anther BDC.

No you haven't, you have two AD DC's.
The terms 'PDC' & 'BDC' refer to something altogether different.
The only difference between AD DC's is the FSMO roles and they can be
on multiple DC's

>We are moving to
> linux. So would like to add this linux  as BDC, and demote the
> currently windows BDC. And have a test. If all good, we will migrate
> it totally. But now cannot make it works. Any other place should I
> check to make it work?

You could try using a Samba supported version, see here:

http://apt.van-belle.nl/

There have been a lot of changes since 4.3.x

Rowland