[Samba] Windows Server 2019 / Windows 10 LTSC can't access samba shares on Debian stable 4.5.12

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Sat Oct 13 20:14:06 UTC 2018

Hallo Rowland,

> How are you checking, what is the actual command you are using ?

the problem was that the debian samba was listing on all interface even if I
told him not to do so. So the new one never worked for me. I only thought it
would but it was actually served by the old one.

The current smbd seems to still choke on me not having winbind. Is there a way
to disable winbind?

Current log file and smb.conf is here:

I now also tried to start winbind, and it runs, however smbd still does not
work. I used the following two comands:

(infra) [/local/samba-config/common] /local/samba-4.9.1/sbin/winbindd -s /local/samba-config/common/smb.conf
(infra) [/local/samba-config/common] /local/samba/sbin/smbd -s /local/samba-config/common/smb.conf

You can find the logs here:

https://thomas.glanzmann.de/tmp/log.2018-10-13.2212.tgz

> > > Please define 'access', as in how are you trying.

> > Accessing a guest share (see the config files I posted).

> Again, what are you actually doing, browsing the network, connecting
> direct to the share, or some other method?

All my shares are not browsable. I connect directly. But that means I don't
need nmbd.

Cheers,
	Thomas