[Samba] explorer.exe crashes on security tab access

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Oct 1 13:14:37 UTC 2018

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 15:01:44 +0200
Reindl Harald via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Am 01.10.18 um 12:39 schrieb Kacper via samba:
> > Ok, we identified that this is a Windows bug. Is there any way to
> > know if and when a Windows fix will be available from Microsoft?
>
> in case an application *crahes* it's *always* the fault of that
> application

Very erudite, but completely misses the point ;-)

No, we don't know when or if Microsoft will fix this, a report has been
sent to a Microsoft engineer and we await feedback.

Until we do know about a potential fix, you should use the recommended
work around, stop using local Unix users on Windows.

Rowland