[Samba] Setup a Samba AD DC as an additional DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Nov 28 08:59:36 UTC 2018

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 09:41:09 +0100
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hai,
>
> I did some re-reading heer and the things i did see.
>
> Ive'commented some parts below, and some older question i could find
> it in the thread.
>
> First my question.
> What is the running AD DC its os version/build, it was an MS server?

Yes it is Windows DC, the OP wants to change to Samba DC's

> Then question after this.
> ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (9601,
> 'WERR_DNS_ERROR_ZONE_DOES_NOT_EXIST')

I personally have come to the conclusion that, whilst the DNS records
are in his Windows AD, they are not being replicated because he isn't
running a DNS server on any of his Windows DC's, I could be wrong, but
that's what I now think.

> This DC your adding, are you useing bind9_DLZ or internal DNS from
> samba itself? I suspect resolving problems.

As far as I am aware, he is using the internal dns server.

Rowland