[Samba] testing upgrades in containers?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Nov 27 20:00:11 UTC 2018

While I wait for upgrading 2 customers from 4.8.6 to 4.9.x (hesitating
not to break things) and checking the list for Louis publishing the
4.8.7 stretch packages ... ;-) - thanks, Louis!! - I once again wonder
how to optimize these updates and minimize the risk of breaking things.

One thought is to add a test DC to my ADS/samba-domains, running in a
docker container, testing the upgrade there and throw away the container
when things are done etc

Does anyone do that?

I know I already asked that here in september (feels as if it was way
earlier):

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2018-September/217906.html

Maybe I set up a 4.8.6 container and test the upgrading in there.

Feedback welcome.