[Samba] Samba4 shares slow

Julien TEHERY julien.tehery at openevents.fr
Wed Nov 21 10:34:40 UTC 2018

Le 21/11/2018 à 10:13, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 09:34:45 +0100
> Julien TEHERY via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi there
>>
>> I set up a POC domain with multiple DCs, multiple remote sites and
>> samba shares. This POC is a simulation of a whole samba3 domain
>> migration. Users, and groups have been imported from the older domain
>> to the new one.
>>
>> Here's the setup:
>> ("Remote sites" are actually different subnets on the same location
>> for the POC)
> I take it 'POC' = Proof Of Concept
Yes it is :)
>> *Main Site*:
>> DC1 (RHEL7 - samba 4.6.4)
> Where did you get the Samba 4.6.4 packages from, they cannot be the
> standard RHEL7 ones, as you cannot provision an AD DC using the standard
> RHEL Samba packages.

That's right, they have been compiled from source with ads support
>> DC2 (RHEL7 - samba 4.6.4)
>> DC3 (RHEL7 - samba 4.6.4)
>> SMB1 (Ubuntu 14 - samba 4.3.11+dfsg-0ubuntu0.14.04.14)
> Why have you used Ubuntu 14.04 ?
> Not knocking Ubuntu here, but 14.04 goes EOL next April and Samba 4.3.x
> is already EOL as far as Samba is concerned.
Correct. The fact is that I informed those in charge of the former
domain that they should upgrade their OS first, but sadly they don't
intend to do it for now.
I have to deal with this..
>> Here is the thing:
>>
>> If I try to access to an SMB1 share: absolutely no problem (fast
>> access, no acls problems)
>> If I try to access to an SMB2 or SMB3 share from a win7 client:
>> access is ok but extremely slow (acls are fine too)
>> Same access to SMB2 or SMB3 with smbclient is fine.
>>
>> So..what can cause the win7 client to be very slow with only SMB2 and
>> SMB3 ?
> I have no idea, please post the smb.conf from the Ubuntu machines.
> I would also urge you to upgrade from 14.04 to 18.04, this will get you
> a Samba 4.7.x version and you could then use Louis Van Belle's repo,
> which would get you 4.9.2
>
> Your problem could be being caused by your old versions of Samba.
>
> Rowland

All SMB Servers have the same exact smb.conf:

[global]
    workgroup = MYDOMAIN
    security = ADS
    realm = MYDOMAIN.LAN
    netbios name = SMBSERVER1
    encrypt passwords = yes
    winbind separator = +
    idmap config *:backend = tdb
    idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
    idmap config MYDOMAIN:backend  = rid
    idmap config MYDOMAIN:range  = 10000-70000
    winbind enum users = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes
    vfs objects = acl_xattr
    map acl inherit = Yes