[Samba] "missing security tab" and related ACL issues

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Sat Nov 10 09:55:49 UTC 2018

Am 10.11.18 um 10:40 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

> I agree and will clean up asap. That server was set up and maintained by
> a former admin ... so far I tried to change only minor things to not
> break anything and keep the users happy.
>
> But I absolutely see the need to clean up.

I also rebuilt the package for samba in gentoo. They have a USE-flag
"acl", it was and is enabled, I rebuilt the packages for acl-binaries as
well ... assuming that samba depends on these ?

smb.conf cleaned up, I don't have access to any windows machines there
and don't know if I could test acls via smbclient somehow? Anyway,
weekend, tests on monday with their admin ;-)

by, thanks, Stefan