[Samba] Help, DNS forwarding not working!

Ole Traupe ole.traupe at tu-berlin.de
Tue May 29 11:40:50 UTC 2018

Hi list,

Today, DNS forwarding stopped working for my domain, and I have no clue
as to why. We are using Samba internal DNS.

It stopped working for one DC on old hardware a couple of days ago. I
suspected a hard drive issue (bad blocks in DNS related files) and
wanted to replace the server in the next days.

Today I rebooted the other DC due to maintenance of the host machine,
and DNS forwarding stopped working there as well.

I am puzzled as everything else seems to be working fine (Windows
log-ons, file access on a member server).

Where can I look, what can I do?

Please help. This domain is in production and we basically don't have
any internet now.

Thanks,
Ole