[Samba] Fwd: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED for guest account to public share

Raymond Page pagerc at gmail.com
Fri May 25 20:08:11 UTC 2018

Well I changed my config to use the 'nobody' user, and that worked. So I
then tried to get 'guest' to work. Managed to get it to work when I changed
the 'guest' account uid from 405 to 400, when it started working too. I
toyed around with different names for the uid 405 account, and none of
those would work with samba. So there appears to be an issue with uid 405
on my environment, and nothing about the name 'guest' or even low uid's as
I can use uid 400 and it works.

This seems bizzarre to me and I can't find any configuration that indicates
that uid 405 is in any way special or unique. If anyone has any insight on
where to look, I'm running Alpine Linux, I'd appreciate some direction.

--
Raymond Page