[Samba] Q: Samba4 AD DC & small office file sharing

Marco Shmerykowsky PE marco at sce-engineers.com
Fri May 25 16:54:11 UTC 2018

For my current small office configuration, the machine serving
as a NT4 Style PDC is also the main file server.  Works fine.

In reading up on creating an updated configuration, I see The Samba
Wiki states the following:

"The Samba AD DC is able to provide file shares, just like all other
installation modes. However, the Samba team does not recommend using a
DC as a file server"

Does this mean that another machine should be added to serve solely
as the DC or am I misreading it.  If it's yet another machine, is
this truly required for a small setup?

---
https://www.avg.com