[Samba] Windows 10 Client - Samba 3 Server - NT4 Style PDC

Marco Shmerykowsky PE marco at sce-engineers.com
Thu May 24 14:45:08 UTC 2018

smbv1 is installed via "Add programs / features".

nbtstat -c on version 1703 returns codes <1C> (ie Domain
Controller/Netlogon Server)and <1B> (ie Domain Master Browser)
for the netbios domain name.

Still getting a "specified domain does not exist or could not be
contacted error".

with respect to upgrading, I agree,  However futzing with one new
machines vs. dealing with an active network are two different things.
At the moment I do nto have the time to plan, test and rollout an
upgrade and risk the productivity of my employees.

Also, on the topic of an upgrade, are there any good books out there?
I have the "Official Samba-3 howto & Reference Guide."  Would be nice
to have a book that covers the new stuff.  The wiki has content, but
it is not as convenient as a hardcopy book for my eyes.