[Samba] Samba4 on Ubuntu 18.04

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed May 9 14:58:36 UTC 2018

Am 09.05.2018 um 16:50 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> Sorry Harald, but this is really bad advice.
> If you want problem when upgrade, this is the way.
> Things like this get forgotten in time..
nonsense, i have that set on each /etc/resolv.conf on the around 40
machines / virtual servers i maintain for many years and most of them
passed through 18 fedora-dist-upgrades (the distribution with the newest
systemd out there which was the first from all)

"chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf" is in place *because* no update ever has to
touch that file

if i want to change it at my own "Things like this get forgotten in
time" - sorry, if i can't edit a file in a root-shell than chattr is in
a place and i can't imagine forget the fact what it is completly, if i
would i am not capable to play sysadmin

i have a lot of more config files protected that way which are not
supposed to change (.basrc and friends) but in doubt targeted by
rootkits while most of them can't handle that situation