[Samba] DKIM, DMARC, mailman. Oh Joy!

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 28 18:49:26 UTC 2018

Am 28.03.2018 um 20:21 schrieb Andrew Bartlett via samba:
> On Wed, 2018-03-28 at 19:11 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 06:51:50 +1300
>> Andrew Bartlett via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>>
>> are you sure about that Andrew ?
>
> All my samba list messages are 'munged' as I described.
>
>> If I log into Mailman and go to 'Reply-To: header munging' it tells me
>> that we aren't removing any existing 'Reply-To' headers and replies to
>> list messages are directed to 'Poster', which, on the face of it,
>> sounds like it is adding 'Reply-To' headers, but the 'help' says this:
>
> Perhaps a DKIM option overrides it.  Either way it is clear in the
> mails:
>
> From: Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>

thanks for step in!

so "I have checked. You say that you are not adding it, so it
must be coming from somewhere else" was nothing else than look into some
configs but not an actual (random) mail from the list - makes me another
sad panda given the wasted time when i prove after 15 years working as
mailadmin it's not from my side

"Either we change the From (and so need to set a Reply-To otherwise it
becomes impossible to do a private reply, which is needed sometimes)"

don't get me wrong: but for the sake of 1 out of the million intended
privates replies throw out the child with the bath and set every single
message so that "reply" is always a off-list repsponse can't be called a
sane solution

"Historically, we used to set reply-to to the mailing list" was also
wrong, don't mangle with that header at all - it's senders territory

anyways, make the "reply" button to a off-list reply is *always* wrong
in a maling-list