[Samba] [OT?] Strangeness on clients migrating NT -> AD...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu Mar 22 10:14:52 UTC 2018

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> How is the 'old' server now set up ?
> Is it now an AD DC domain member ?

No, it remain in the old state, simply we have a tool that keep in sync
passwords, so access works to the old server because users and password
matches.

> It sounds like the machines are still looking for the old PDC. How do
> the win7 machines get their IP etc, or to put it another way, is DNS
> set up correctly ?

We have keep unchanged our DNS and DHCP setup: machines got dns as in
previous configuration, the (old) dns simply forward requests to the
AD domain subzones.

DNS seems to work as expected. On win7 box, event viewer seems to have
useful info...