[Samba] Primary group is 0 and contains 0 supplementary groups

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Mar 20 10:38:10 UTC 2018

You could try the setting.

ntlm auth = mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only

>From man smb.conf
The available settings are:

                  ·   ntlmv1-permitted (alias yes) - Allow NTLMv1 and above for all clients.
                  ·   ntlmv2-only (alias no) - Do not allow NTLMv1 to be used, but permit NTLMv2.
                  ·   mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only - Only allow NTLMv1 when the client promises that it is providing MSCHAPv2 authentication (such as the ntlm_auth tool).
                  ·   disabled - Do not accept NTLM (or LanMan) authentication of any level, nor permit NTLM password changes.

Greetz,

Louis