[Samba] Fwd: Re: Erro Upgrade Samba 4.6.3 to 4.8

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Mar 19 16:55:44 UTC 2018

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 13:17:41 -0300
Carlos via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I dot used distro packages, i compilated samba.

Okay

> 1° - Stop samba
>
> 2° - Donwload version 4.8.0
>
> 3 ° I executed -> ./configure     --prefix=/opt/samba --enable-debug
> --enable-selftest -j2  and make , and make install

Yes, but what version of Samba did you upgrade from ?
Normally, if you just upgrade it should just work, but there are some
changes in 4.8.0 that mean you need to wait a short while before doing
anything, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4.8_Features_added/changed#UPGRADING

> 4° - Start samba
>
> 5° - Error and samba dot work
>
> 6° - send mail for this list
>
> 7° - Install winbind with you recomendation

Ahh, I initially thought that you were using the distro packages and
as you aren't, you do not need any of the distro Samba packages.

> 8° - I talk with you

Reading your log fragment, it appears that winbind is crashing, but
the problem seems to start earlier:

 Mar 19 11:32:09 dc-linux-09 samba: task[nbtd][12946]:   Failed to find
 object DC=interno,DC=XXXXX,DC=com,DC=br for attribute fsmoRoleOwner -
 Cannot find DN DC=interno,DC=XXXXXX,DC=com,DC=br to get attribute
 fsmoRoleOwner for reference dn: No such Base DN:
 DC=interno,DC=XXXXXX,DC=com,DC=br

It seems to go downhill from there, it probably has nothing to do with
the problem, but how is Bind9 set up ?

One further thing, you do not need all the 'empty zones'

Rowland