[Samba] Error running CVE-2018-1057_helper on 4.5

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Wed Mar 14 09:36:36 UTC 2018

On 14/03/2018 09:24, Harry Jede wrote:
> Best is to wait for security updates of ubuntu!!!

As I said, I built 4.5.15 from source.  The version of Samba in the
Ubuntu 16.04 repositories is ancient (4.3.11) and I couldn't find a free
repository where someone else had built binary packages for Ubuntu.

Maybe Debian Stretch would be a better base, or Ubuntu 18.04 when it
comes out.  But right now, I have what I have.

Fortunately I kept the 4.5.15 source directory, so applying the patch
and then "make && make install" has done the job.

Cheers,

Brian.