[Samba] Odd default group behaviour.

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 01:30:27 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 5:31 PM, Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 4:12 PM, Rowland Penny via samba
> <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 16:05:53 -0600
>> Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah that was in my script above
>>
>> Has your user logged in ? There were winbind changes in 4.6.0 that
>> meant that you get 'Domain Users as the primary group if the user
>> hasn't logged in, more info here:
>>
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4.6_Features_added/changed#winbind_changes
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> No and likely will not on that system. I will try with a test user
> that is also not reporting correctly.

Still not working right

ldapu is a function I wrote to use ldapsearch

ldapu jefftest|grep -ie uidnumber -e gidnumber
uidNumber: 11507
gidNumber: 31025

even logging in as jefftest I get as follows

jefftest::daddles { ~ }-> id jefftest
uid=11507(jefftest) gid=8513(domain users) groups=8513(domain
users),31025(jeffs_general_group),8918648(vpn_users),8000(staff),8004(research),31036(insightiq)

P.S. Te ubuntu 16.04 machines are showing correctly. (Still need to
mod the smb.conf's for them I want to try on non important machines
first)