[Samba] Autoaccept all authentications to mitigate disabled guest logins in Windows 10 build 1709

Daniel Migowski dmigowski at ikoffice.de
Tue Mar 6 09:42:58 UTC 2018

Hello,

guest logins are not allowed anymore in Windows 10 build 1709 by default. Due to company restrictions I am not allowed to reenable that in windows group controls.

I now like to authorize all connections independent of the current user and password and just allow access so Windows thinks it has an authenticated connection and allows access. Is this somehow possible by using strange PAM configuration or by other dirty tricks without modifying the Samba source code? The server just provides readonly shares to everyone, so I don't care for any credentials anyway.

Regards,
Daniel Migowski