[Samba] failed to call wbcSidToUid

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Mar 5 16:28:11 UTC 2018

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 17:15:44 +0100
Marcin Kruk <askifyouneed at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not know if there is a uidNumber in Active Directory, I am not an
> administrator of Microsoft AD.
> So you claimed that I need add an extra parameters uidNumber and
> gidNumber to the MS Active Directory user, and add an extra value to
> each of them? I think that It will be impossible and too much extra
> work. I need similiar funcionality than it was in the previous
> version. So mabye I shoud change the backend parameter
> (tdb/ad/rid/autorid/ldap/nss)?

I never claimed anything ;-)
I just asked a question and you have answered it, you don't have the
required attributes in AD for the 'ad' backend to work.

It sounds like you need to use the 'rid' backend, this will work
without adding anything to AD.

The problem with your old smb.conf working, but not your new one, is
hard to understand because the requirements haven't really changed. It
might help if you could post your old smb.conf

Rowland