[Samba] Samba 4.8 RODC not working

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 13 11:18:15 UTC 2018

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 12:28:23 +0200 (CEST)
Gaetan SLONGO <gslongo at it-optics.com> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>

> I have no homes share. As far as I know I should not have that share
> on a DC ..?

Then don't worry about it, I was just checking if you had one.

> Regarding the security consideration for a DMZ zone, what do you
> suggest instead of putting a RODC in it ?

The real question is, why do you want to put your AD into a DMZ ?
I suggest you read this:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/active-directory-dmz-nuts-marcus-rivera

> Note : Yes I can ping DC, there is no routing / firewalling issue
> (validated).

Then I fall back to, you need more help than this list can provide,
contact Sernet or Tranquil IT or anybody who knows Linux and Samba and
can spend time (and your money) on this problem.

Rowland