[Samba] How to migrate single user from LDAP do AD

Michal Michal67M at seznam.cz
Tue Jul 31 08:51:23 UTC 2018

I am in process of migrating samba NT4 LDAP domain to samba AD. I did
"samba classicupgrade" and now I am trying to set AD to be working as I
need. During this time new users, machines and groups have been added into
LDAP. I do not want do start from scratch and go through classicupgrade and
all AD settings again.

  So I need to be able to add single user, machine or group from NT4 LDAP
domain to AD.

  At first I am trying to add single user, but "samba-tool user create"
does not seem to be the right way - I need to copy password and sambaSID
from LDAP into AD, samba-tool does not support that (or I am missing
something).

   What is right way how to migrate single users, machines and groups?

  Thanks, Michal