[Samba] pdb search

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 31 08:36:08 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-07-31 at 15:01 +1000, Rob Thoman via samba wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have classic PDC with an ldap backened. We're trying to add some member
> servers which will act as print and file servers. We've joined the member
> servers to the domain using net rpc join. The problem we are having is we
> are seeing the following when using
> pdbedit -L -v -d10 from a member server

You don't run pdbedit on a member server.  You have to use winbindd on
the member server.

Any machine connected to the same ldap backend as the PDC must also be
a DC, there is only one SID for the domain, and as Rowland kind of
hinted at, the local and domain sid need to be the same.  What wasn't
explicit is that this only happens on a DC.

I hope this clarifies things,

Andrew Bartlett