[Samba] "Random" crashes of Samba as AD DC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 24 17:46:03 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-07-17 at 16:30 +0000, Mauel, Volker via samba wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> up until 2 weeks ago my samba DC was running just fine, then it began crashing randomly.
> I was using 4.8.0 before, now upgraded to a self-compiled 4.8.3 with default build parameters on an up-to-date centos 7.5 with disabled SELinux and bind9 as DNS backend with samba_dlz.

It certainly shouldn't crash.

If you can get a gdb backtrace of it (using the panic action and our
gdb_backtrace script) that would be great.

panic action = path_to/gdb_backtrace %d

Send that in to me personally as it likely has domain-specific info in
the backtrace.  If you can also make a bugzilla account in the meantime
we can trace fixing it there without needing to put your backtrace in
the public.

Thanks!

Andrew Bartlett