[Samba] "Random" crashes of Samba as AD DC

Mauel, Volker v.mauel at fz-juelich.de
Tue Jul 24 18:44:35 UTC 2018

Hey Andrew,

thanks for your help, i just changed my config to include the panic action and will send you a log as soon as the next crash happened.

In the meantime i wrote a bash script to keep my users happy with a running service by checking the recent log for the error message and initiating a samba restart that way.

i switched back to an older backup since the 4.8.3 version did not change anything regarding that problem for me, recompiled with debug symbols and systemd support, besides that, the situation is the same.

Volker