[Samba] setproctitle_init()

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jul 24 17:42:43 UTC 2018

Henry,

you can ignore the setproctitle message safely.
Andrew can confirm this, i know it from him.
it’s also somewhere on the debian/samba (bug)list.

do you have bind9 installed?
if so remove it and restart samba-ad-dc
personally, i would reboot the server.

thinking out the box here.
if bind is installed but your using internal samba dns, maybe samba-tool is seeing bind.

it’s worth a try/check it.
If it works, then you have found a bug.

samba 4.8.3 is also on my repo now if you want to up to 4.8.

Greetz,

Louis