[Samba] setproctitle_init()

Henry Jensen hjensen at mailbox.org
Tue Jul 24 18:20:24 UTC 2018

Hi Louis,

Am Tue, 24 Jul 2018 19:42:43 +0200
schrieb "L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org>:

> do you have bind9 installed?
> if so remove it and restart samba-ad-dc
> personally, i would reboot the server.

No, I use the internal DNS backend, no Bind installed anywhere. I use
dnsmasq on another server, which acts as DHCP server and DNS forwarder
for Samba.

I rebooted the DC servers serveral times, but the DNS records never got
updated, respectively the SRV records never got created - until I used
that "samba_dnsupdate --use-samba-tool" line.

> it’s worth a try/check it.
> If it works, then you have found a bug.
>
> samba 4.8.3 is also on my repo now if you want to up to 4.8.

Thanks, I used 4.7.8 on purpose to be on the "safe side".

But I am happy to try to use an additional DC with Samba 4.8.3 and see
if there are still issues with DNS update.

Kind Regards,

Henry