[Samba] sysvolreset error '{Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.'

Ing. Claudio Nicora claudio.nicora at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 15:40:18 UTC 2018

So there's no error on my side: I have no idmap lines in my smb.conf and
since I can't add any I should live with the error/warning, right?

Is this error related to sysvolreset taking forever to run?
What about Louis/your script here
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/samba-check-set-sysvol.sh ?
I know it's safer but... is it also faster? :)

Thanks again
Claudio

---
# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
[global]
   bind interfaces only = Yes
   interfaces = lo eth_lan
   netbios name = SRVSAMBA2
   realm = SAMDOM.LOCAL
   server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
   workgroup = SAMDOM
   ldap server require strong auth = no
   client ldap sasl wrapping = plain
   log level = 2 vfs:1
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.samba
   max log size = 10000

[netlogon]
   path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/samdom.local/scripts
   read only = No

[sysvol]
   path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
   read only = No