[Samba] samba 4.8 with bind - bugged dns entry in reverse lookup zone

Kacper Wirski kacper.wirski at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 18:57:07 UTC 2018

Hello,

I found this bugged record with

ldbsearch -H
path/to/samba/bind-dns/dns/sam.ldb.d/DC\=DOMAINDNSZONES\,DC\=SUBDOMAIN\,DC\=DOMAIN\,DC\=PL.ldb
'(name=49)'

So I have a couple of questions - hopefully someone can shed some light:

- am I looking in correct .ldb for bind-dns?
- can I remove this record? If yes what's the best method? Should samba
and/or bind be stopped?
As I have 2 DC's, is editing on one enough? SHould both be stopped?

Regards,
Kacper