[Samba] Failed to establish your Kerberos Ticket cache due time differences with the domain controller

Roy Eastwood spindles7 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 17:30:48 UTC 2018

Thanks Rowland.

Sorry, yes I ,meant to say, I ran samba-tool dbcheck and initially it threw up some errors about deleted items (I had recently demoted a DC after the pi-dc was joined) but these were repaired with the --fix option.   I tried the samba-tool time commands afterwards with the same result.    I also had to clean up all the DNS records as the demote command doesn't tidy things up properly.

Whist this is a new domain provision with v 4.8.3, the machine has had versions going back to 4.7.4 compiled and installed (albeit with different domains).  I used make uninstall on the last version of samba before installing 4.8.3 if that makes any difference.   I checked for that time.py file and it's not in that folder (or anywhere else according to find).

Roy