[Samba] Failed to establish your Kerberos Ticket cache due time differences with the domain controller

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Jul 21 17:03:39 UTC 2018

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 17:36:14 +0100
Roy Eastwood via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > Try restarting Samba on 'debian-vb'.
> > If this doesn't help, try 'samba-tool dbcheck' and compare the two
> > DC's with 'samba-tool ldapcmp'
> >
> > Rowland
> >

> OK, have tried that but no change.   I used Louis'  script:
> samba-check-db-repl.sh which includes samba-tool ldapcmp and
> samba-tool drs showrepl it passes both tests.
>
> Roy

Did you run 'samba-tool dbcheck' ? Louis's script doesn't do this.

Was this machine provisioned quite a few versions ago ? and then updated
in place ?
'samba-tool time' was changed at sometime (cannot just when) and a
python module was replaced, but 'make install' did not remove the old
python script. Check if you have:

'/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/time.py'

If you have, delete it.

Rowland