[Samba] DM 3.6.25 -> 4.x

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Jul 6 07:33:03 UTC 2018

Am 02.07.2018 um 12:23 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
> Am 2018-07-02 um 12:14 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
>
>>> I remove only the 1st line or both?
>>>
>>> dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
>>> kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>>
>> Both
>
> done
>
>>> Restart services? Reload/SIGHUP only?
>>
>> Try a reload first.
>
> done
>
> ... waiting for the clients to test now.
>
> So far I see no more ugly "gss ... 277" messages in log.smbd since the
> change. Ah, and while I type that ... they return.

Now for the records: in the last 3 days these messages really have
disappeared until now. Maybe something has timed out in a way, a
kerberos ticket or some kind of DNS-related info ... I don't know.

As far I know now that samba-server is reachable via both its primary
hostname and that one netbios alias (they use both in their hundreds of
Hyperlinks they have in their word-docs ... oh my).