[Samba] Share cannot open using Hostname

Harsh Kukreja h.kukreja at ium.edu.na
Fri Jan 26 11:14:22 UTC 2018

Hi

I have a Samba4 setup of 2 DC's running 4.7.4 and RODC's running 4.7.4 on
the sites. Now I have a problem with a WIN 7 client at the remote location
who logs on the RODC server and when I try to browse a Windows Network
share using the \\Hostname it gives out the below error :

"The System has detected a possible attempts to compromise security. Please
ensure you can contact the server which authenticated you"

But when I try to open the same share with the \\IP address it works
without any error. I have preload the Client computer and the domain user
on the RODC.

Thanks n Regards

*Harsh Kukreja *Systems Administrator
*International University of Namibia *Tel: 061-4336000 - E-mail: h.kukreja
@ium.edu.na - Web:
*http://www.ium.edu.na <http://www.ium.edu.na/>*Private Bag
14005,Bachbrech. 21-31 Hercules Street, Dorado Park, Windhoek, NAMIBIA