[Samba] idmap limit?

Andreas Hauffe andreas.hauffe at tu-dresden.de
Tue Jan 16 15:54:17 UTC 2018

Ok, you are completely right. Here are the real numbers with changed
user names:

drwx------ 43 DOM\user1        DOM\domain-user  4096 Jan 10 08:00 user1
drwx------   5 DOM\user2        DOM\domain-user  4096 Jan 11 08:13 user2
drwx------ 92 DOM\user3        DOM\domain-user   4096 Jan 16 08:39 user3
drwx------   3        133265        DOM\domain-user   4096 Sep  7 2015 user4
drwx------   7        470055        DOM\domain-user   4096 Apr 30 2013 user5
drwx------ 12 DOM\user6        DOM\domain-user   4096 Jan  4 12:46 user6
drwx------ 51 DOM\user7        DOM\domain-user   4096 Jan 15 23:01 user7
drwx------   2          95092        DOM\domain-user   4096 Jul 1  2015
user8
drwx------  3 DOM\user9         DOM\domain-user   4096 Jun  8 2015 user9
drwx------  7 DOM\user200    DOM\domain-user   4096 Nov  6  2012 user200

  > wbinfo --uid-info=133265
failed to call wbcGetpwuid: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
Could not get info for uid 133265

  > wbinfo -i DOM\\user4
DOM\user4:*:133265:10513::/home/user4:/bin/bash

After the last command (wbinfo -i DOM\\user4) also "wbinfo
--uid-info=133265" shows the correct result and the "ls -l" list also
list the user name instead of the uid.

--
Viele Grüße
Andreas Hauffe

Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Luft- und Raumfahrttechnik / Institute of Aerospace Engineering
Lehrstuhl für Luftfahrzeugtechnik / Chair of Aircraft Engineering

D-01062 Dresden
Germany

phone : +49 (351) 463 38496
fax :  +49 (351) 463 37263